Maple Creek School is located deep in the mountains of Humboldt County approximately 15 miles due east of Eureka. It takes a little less than an hour to get there from either Eureka or Arcata. Check weather and road conditions before you travel.
Driving Directions from Northern Humboldt
- Take CA-299 East to Blue Lake.
- Take Exit 5 toward Blue Lake Blvd. Follow Blue Lake Blvd. through town.
- Blue Lake Road will become Maple Creek Road. Follow that to Korbel, past the lumber yard and over the old bridge.
- From there go 13 miles southeast on the Maple Creek Road to the “Y” where the road from Korbel meets the road from Kneeland.
- Go left and cross over the Boulder Creek Bridge, then turn left at the third driveway.
Driving Directions from Eureka
- Take Myrtle Avenue east to Freshwater.
- Turn right at Three Corners Market onto Freshwater Road.
- Continue approximately 9.3 miles to Butler Valley Road.
- Turn left on Butler Valley Road and follow it for 8.6 miles.
- Continue on to Maple Creek Road. The school will be on your left.